If you are looking for a growing family company with strong Lancaster county values, then Ned Bard and Son trucking is for you.
We are looking to add quality drivers! We don’t like turning away freight and want to add you to our quality team of driving professionals.
Apply now! You can send the completed online form or download the form. If you complete the PDF version, please send the completed application the following ways:
Mail: P.O. Box 6, Leola, PA 17540 ATTN: HR Director
DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION &
$.70 - $1.50/mile
$50,000 - $77,000/year
Over the Road Drivers:
$70,000 - $90,000/year
Stop off and delay/detention pay
Get home every night as a local driver or every weekend as an OTR driver.
- Class A CDL
- Minimum 3 years and 150,000 miles verifiable experience, or 2 years with approval
- At least 25 years old
- No moving violations in the past 3 years
- No accidents in the past 5 years
- No DUIs
NOTE: FMCSA background checks and drug screen apply, Safe MVR.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. An employee in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive tractor trailer and could unload product at customer locations.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State Laws as they relate to DOT and any other applicable traffic regulations.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction including on-time delivery of undamaged product.
- Drive a tractor, maneuvering into position to securely attach trailer and handle air lines and manual crank landing gear.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Inspect and understand the bill of lading and required documents for accuracy.
- Drive tractor-trailer safely to destination, apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations and maneuver vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or ELD) according to DOT regulations.
- Unload trailer if necessary, or deliver product into customer premises.
- Use approved procedures and equipment including pallet jack, cargo straps or load securement bars, document delivery receipt, and exceptions.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Capital Blue Cross
- Capital Blue Dental Program
- 401k pension plan with company contributory up to 3.5%, eligible to participate after 60 days of service
- Vacation days
- $50 gift certificate to dine out for employee birthday
DRIVER RECRUITMENT BONUS PROGRAM
- $1,500 referral bonus for the employee who refers a hired driver
- $1,500 hiring bonus for the recommended driver
- Peterbilt Conventional with sleeper berth
- Trucks are not shared between drivers